08 October, 2017

Zen Studios' Universal Classics

It's been quite some time since the last Zen pinball. The wait is over. Three new pinball tables just made their appearance. They are movie themed ones inspired from such great classics like E.T.



Back to the Future



and Jaws



The tables are graphically superb. I have included the official table views instead of a screen capture because I find the presentation really great.

I am on record criticising the pinballs of Zen studios for their excessive animations and the non-realistic features. While I still stand by that opinion of mine I must say that I did enjoy playing the three Zen-Universal tables. I haven't seen the Back to the Future movie but that was the table I enjoyed most (E.T. coming next). It took me some time to get accustomed to the darkish table but the fact that in the Zen pinballs the ball does not drain all to easily did help. Physics is always OK and the sound effects not disruptive. 

So, if you are a Zen pinball fan, you should not miss this new release. If you are not, well, this is perhaps the occasion to give Zen a second try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment